- (1-2 Lbs) Ground Pork
- (1 (28 oz. can)) Crushed Tomatoes
- (1 (14 oz. Can)) Diced Tomatoes
- (1 (12 oz. can)) Tomato Paste
- (2 medium, diced) Onions
- (1 each, green, red, and yellow. Diced) Bell Peppers
- (5 cloves, finely minced) Garlic
- (3 teaspoons) Dried Oregano
- (3 teaspoons) Dried basil
- (1 1/2 cups) Chicken stock
- (2) Bay Leaves
- (1 cup) Your Favorite Red Wine (Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon)
- (16 ozs.) Baby Portobello Mushrooms(optional)
- (1 can (14.5 oz)) Beef Broth
- (1/3 cup) Brown Sugar
- In a large pot, brown the ground pork over medium heat. Add 1 cup of the chopped onions, and sauté until translucent and slightly browned, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic, and cook, stirring constantly for a minute or so.
- In a blender, blend remaining onions, peppers and chicken stock until smooth . Pour the mixture into the pot with the pork and diced vegetables.
- Add the tomato paste, salt, pepper, oregano, basil and thyme, and cook for 1 minute, stirring until combined.
- Add diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, mushrooms (if using), Stir until combined before adding the bay leaves.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, and then reduce to low and simmer for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Stir in the wine and let the sauce rest for 10-15 minutes (for the flavor to absorb) before serving.